Providing adult, adolescent and child psychotherapy. I also see individuals, groups and families, specialising in acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT) and cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), as evidence based psychotherapies.
I also offer online appointments through Zoom and other electronic communications platforms.
Treatment specialization includes:
- Generalised Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring
- Traumatic Stress
- Medical and Health concerns
- Tinnitus (See Dr Herbst- ENT specialises in Tinnitus)
- Stress Management
- Sleep difficulties
- Hair Pulling (Trichotilomania)
- Gambling addiction
- Paraphilias (disorders of sexuality)
- ADHD in adults and children
- Parenting and Family Difficulties
- School refusal in children
- Anger management
- Binge Eating Disorder
- Obesity and weight management
- Enuresis (Bedwetting)
Comprehensive Cognitive and Neuropsychological testing for:
Visit my interdisciplinary website on neuropyschological assessments
- Traumatic brain injury
- Minimal brain dysfunction
- Anxiety and depression
- Differentiating comorbidity in neuropsychiatric problems
Look at Assessment page for more detailed information on Assessment offerings.
In a comfortable and supportive atmosphere in Sea Point Cape Town, I offer cognitive behaviour therapy; that is collaborative and goal oriented.